Now you get to apply your knowledge of kinesiology and therapeutic exercise while expanding your understanding of pathologies, impairments, functional limitations and disabilities affecting the musculoskeletal system. Before we move directly into movement-based rehabilitation, we need to revisit normal muscle and skeletal anatomy and physiology, principles of motor learning, and postural alignment.
- Review structure and function of the musculoskeletal system
- Recall principles of progressive:
- Review common pathologies associated with imbalances in strength and flexibility
- muscle strain
- abnormal posture
- Identify principles of motor learning and training
- Relate therapeutic exercise principles to the role of the PTA.